Non-selective Herb Then Slit Seed

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by milsaps118, Aug 28, 2007.

1. milsaps118

milsaps118 LawnSite Senior Member

A customer wants me to spray 20K that he just had graded, then he is going to get it slit seeded. I told him he needs to wait at least 2-3 weeks before he seeds. He wants to wait 3-4 days cuz he's so anxious to get his seed in. I told him he can do what ever he wants after I get done spraying and paid, do ya think his seed will take???? The area is fully irrigated so watering won't be a problem. How long do you think he should wait?
  2. silverscapes

silverscapes LawnSite Member
    from de

I THINK ROUNDUP LABEL SAYS 7 DAYS .........:usflag:
  3. mkroher

mkroher LawnSite Senior Member

3-4 days will be fine too.
  4. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm a big fan of "Razor Burn" herbicide. It's basically Prosecutor, that's been spiked with Diquat. That stuff works fast and thoroughly! I've been using it on all my renovations.
  5. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

You can seed right after spraying round up. it works through the leaves of the plants. I have even seeded then sprayed roundup the same day just to see the results. the seed came up just fine!
  6. mkroher

mkroher LawnSite Senior Member

I've heard of that method many times. I'm just too chicken to try it. haha
  7. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

mkroher---I've done it in sandy/loamy soils...but not in heavy clay.....
  8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Many times, I drill the seed in first, then spray the Roundup right over top of it to kill the existing top growth. This way, there is no waiting, and the germination is helped. We've done it many of times before with great success, and will continue on doing so. I have a subdivision entrance (2) that I am doing down in Clarkston this week. It is just under an acre total, and this is how I will be doing it to save from making another trip down. I'm already making another trip down a few weeks later, but that is just for a secondary ap. of starter.
  9. Rayholio

Rayholio LawnSite Bronze Member

I usually wait until it's dry.. but it does work.. i wouldn't worry about it.