Non-selective Herbicides

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by kc2006, Jun 8, 2006.

1. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I was wondering what you guys are using for non selective herbicides? Looking for something fast acting basicly so I wanted to see what others use.

I went into Lesco intending to buy some prosecutor but that takes 10-14 days to control the target area. The manager said he likes the roundup quikpro so he gave me a few packets to try, I first used them yesterday and sprayed some stuff at the house here, today it is starting to turn alittle brown but not wilting at all yet like the package claims (they claim it works in 24 hours). It seems the quikpro is the same product as prosecutor swift acting, active ingredients are the same and package is even the same, the swift acting claims 3-7 days though.

Anyway, just wanted to see what everyone likes and what you guys use that works faster.

2. PJDiesel

PJDiesel LawnSite Member

That quickpro may not be acting as fast as it could (can). Was it sunny in your area?

3. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

It was sunny when I sprayed at the job, but then it got cloudy when I got home and sprayed. I got worried we were going to get rain, but it held off.

4. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Diquat............................................................

5. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

Spike the glyphosate with scythe (fatty acids) for quick knockdown.

6. TurfProSTL

TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member

Razorburn, mixture of glyphosate and diquat.....

7. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

Razor Pro, its less than 1/2 the price of Round-up and its the same thing!

8. rider

rider LawnSite Member
    from ohio

scythe plus prosecutor, scythe is a contact that burns the plant down in as little as 24 hrs, the prosecutor then takes care of the root. 3 oz pros plus 4 oz scythe. you will actually see it work after 1 hour on the majority of weeds

9. Russ

Russ LawnSite Senior Member

Glyphosate & diquat mix.

10. green_mark

green_mark LawnSite Senior Member