non soliciting neighborhoods

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by scottknussmann, Feb 10, 2004.

1. scottknussmann

scottknussmann LawnSite Member

What are yalls suggestions on advertising in a non soliciting neighborhood, there are big properties, and rich clients, whats the best way to penetrate the area, thanks'
    Scott

business cards logo.jpg

2. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

Direct Mail....

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

can you use door hangers?

how come two numbers to contact? Wouldn't it get confusing in regards to work, estimates, etc.

4. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Gather up all your competitions advertisements, flyers ,brochers, etc. and place them in there mail boxes. Eliminate the competition and it will make it a lot easier for you. Yall will be the only one left to call. LOL

Mac

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

but I do admit that it looks sharp

6. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

I agree. Why not do direct mail for that neighborhood. They can't stop you from doing that. And direct mail is just as effective as door hangers and flyers.

7. cush

cush LawnSite Senior Member

Send them a letter. In the letter ask them for input on what makes a great lawn service provider. Note in the letter that if they respond they will get a free service, lawn mowing, shrub trimming, weeding what ever dosn't mater. If you want to work in their sub you must first penetrate the walls they put up to keep you and others like you out.

Once you are on their property you have a much better shot at winning their business. You also have a letter as to what they expect from you. Most subs like this are full of professionals. Professionals surround themselves with other professional, and by professionals I don't mean suit and tie. I mean they best in their field of work. If you don't get much of a response send another letter that says something like, "Since you did not respond to our previous letter we assume you are happy with your current LCO or enjoy doing the work yourself, if at anytime in the future you need our services please give us a call"! This lets them know it was not just a randomly sent letter.

Look at some of the largest retailers. They understand that before they can make huge profits they must first attract new customers. They do this by loss leaders, selling popular items at or below cost. In any business you will lose customers, unhappy, death, move we must always be looking for new customers. Better yet give excellent service and they will look for you.

8. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with the direct mail idea. I have always found this to be effective. It is also fairly low cost. A lot of times people throw out door hangers before even looking at them. People usually at least open the mail and see what it is.

9. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

If its not gated, then do flyers. I used to, and its only illegal if you get caught.

10. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

The problem with this, if you leave a flyer on their door, you are caught, the flyer is proof enough in most areas to get your business a ticket. Not only that, even if you don't get a ticket, you may get blackballed by the neighborhood association and not get any work there at all.

Be Professional