non stick decks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by olderthandirt, Nov 23, 2003.

1. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

I just got a new grasshopper and my dealer painted it with SLIPCOATE. this stuff is like teflon after a quick mow in wet grass I lifted the deck and its almost spot less and after a quick hosing it new again. Its a graphite product and will probably need to be reapplied every yr. I'm just thinking of all the things I'm gonna be painting this on!!!!!!!!

Mac

2. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds cool. SLIPCOATE Huh, going to check into it.

3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

The Tractor Supply Co. sells a product called Slip Plate or EZ Slide, just depending on the store. The stores here sell EZ Slide. I picked up a gallon for $22. It's a graphite paint. They also sell spray cans for around $5.

4. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

I painted my deck with it and it lasted less than a week. While it was on nothing stuck to it though. Before I painted it I cleaned the deck real good and applied about 4 coats to it. Letting it cure in between applications. I will try it again to see if I have better luck. It sure was nice having a clean deck after mowing wet grass. Hope it works better for you.
    Jeff

5. I looked at their website. I wonder if that #4 would last better?

Dave

6. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

The premature wear was probably due to the lack of decent turf on my property. (to much dirt and not enough grass) it may work well for good turf. I will see if I can find the # 4 and give it a try. Heck I all for not scraping my deck!! :D

7. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Dave
    I'm not sure which one he put on. Said he's been using it for yrs, and love it and so does his customers. He charged me $20 to put it on so its not like I'm out alot of $$ if it wears out in a few weeks. When I was there he was redoing a customers 96 deck with it and it did not look all that bad, but it could have been done more than once. I'll keep you posted. Mac

8. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know how well this would work.

As the POWDER COATED finish that Exmark uses is TOUGH as NAILS. Adhere's VERY well. However, IT only lasts a few weeks UNDER a deck. Just TOO much debris under there to SANDBLAST anything off in short time.

I will admit, a FRESH, NEW deck with FACTORY powder coat performs GREAT in wet conditions. Thats why most notice a decrease in cut performance over time.

Just need something that would withstand the abuse a commercial deck receives.

Also, I would think the oil based Slipcoat would work better than the water based #4.

9. FERT-TEK

FERT-TEK LawnSite Bronze Member

I couldn't find it in the internet could somone post the link for this product please.

10. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic