1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Noreaster no more coming =(

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by syzer, Mar 4, 2001.

1. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

They say now that MD may get pretty much nothing but rain =(. How depressing another hype over nothing event darnnit.

2. Chopper Lover

Chopper Lover LawnSite Senior Member

I just came inside for a drink of water...

I have been busy outside doing a blizzard dance.

I learned the dance from Cliff Claven while watching Cheers... Apparently the ancient Aztecs used to do a dance that....

Hehehe,
    Mark

3. guntruck

guntruck LawnSite Senior Member

I think we'll get something just not what everyone, including myself was hoping for =(. But with spring so close i would much rather have all or nothing.

4. SJR Lawncare

SJR Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Dont give up, We still may get some decent amounts....I hope.

SJR

5. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

There changing the totals and start and stop times every hour here In philly suburbs! My head is spinning just trying to keep track!

6. Man Joe

Man Joe LawnSite Member

Here is a good example of how nature will give you more accurate information than the weather people. Have been seeing "robbins" since friday. On saturday, saw 3 flocks of geese fly over heading north and the tulip bulbs are sending shoots 2 or more inches out of the ground.

7. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

We are all still waitin to see what happens down this way. Noreasters mean trouble in this neck of the woods. I watched a few houses fall in the ocean a few seasons ago. Not fun but very dramatic.

8. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

You guys in the rain belt can have some of my snow! Any more than 12" will cause big problems.There is no where to put it on most of my drives.

Gene

9. MikeGA

MikeGA LawnSite Member

Yeah, Man joe, I saw the same 3 flocks fly over my house the other day, one flock was arguing above my house over who was the leader and which way to fly.

Personally, I hope yall, especially around Maryland don't get to much if any of the white stuff cause my mother flew out of AL coming up that was this evening, they were SUPPOSED to land around 8:15

10. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

We're not gonna get a damn thing. These meteorologists around here are totally off all the time. We always just "happen" to dodge the bullet. blah, I'm tired of hearing it.