Normally Nice and GREEN in spring.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ed2hess, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

had to meet with some today lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Hope Landscaping

Hope Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

What was the outcome?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Turf Dawg

Very good. In one area that they said has always been great grass and wanted to know why that was not back, I told them I bet the sleet was thick and stayed on the ground for a long time. They thought just for a split second and then said I was right and the line was just about where the sleet stayed for over a week. We also looked at some of there neighbors and I showed them all the green they were seeing from a distance were just weeds.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. LibertyFarmLandscaping

LibertyFarmLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE TX

How much rain did you get Thurs Turf Dawg?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Turf Dawg

About .4

Everything is going just east. What about your area Liberty?
    I was very glad to get it though. We are putting in a irrigation system and was hose watering where we needed to hand dig the ground was already so hard
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

Stories like this are why I decline to take on a customer where I know success or at least what I consider "successful" will not be achieved. The irrigation is poorly designed, I will not be mowing it and controlling irrigation settings & etc. In fact I plan to drop some customers for these reasons next year but I will do it in the off season to give them time to find someone else.

7. Turf Dawg

The trouble with all that is if you were here in Texas is that most of the larger cities [and several others] have had water restrictions for some time now. Some no watering at all and others only one day every week or every other week just for a couple of hours. One city is building a pipeline from its waste water treatment station to the city water treatment plant and or going to try and recycle as much as possible. The bad winters for our areas combined with years of drought does not leave much to be picky about.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

I get what you're saying. I know everyone's situation is different. I am at the point in business where I need to eliminate certain services or customers.

9. Turf Dawg

I know exactly how you feel also. Many moons ago I had a single cab white Chevy that did not have my name or number on it. This is what I had a couple of guys using for the every other week mows that were just weeds and stuff like that. I wanted my trucks with logos to be at the nicer properties.

If I were to change states Arkansas would be pretty high on the list. Clear water nice country and year round trout for my fly rod lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Just because you've been to my house and seen heaven doesn't mean you are welcome to a slice of it...lol

I feel for y'all down there. My aunt and uncle are there and have a house on a lake with a dock. I don't think they've pulled their boat up to the dock in years. Its been out of the water for a long time.