Normally Nice and GREEN in spring.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ed2hess, Apr 29, 2014.

1. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

In our city the liberal people in government wantnto conserve our way out. Of course that means getting rid of our grasses. My house requires about 20,000 gallons of water monthly. And I have a small lot. They want to get down to 7000. No moves to build us a pipe line. Cites around us with Republican goverments are building lines.:dizzy:

2. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Only way to do that is to abolish grass and trump HOAs requiring green lawns in front yards.

3. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Ed, I have a feeling in the near future all irrigation systems will be underground drip in some cities.

4. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Thanks Ted, way to rain on my parade LOL
    I was thinking since that your shop is large enough to live in and nicer than a lot of homes that we would just stay there. You could also give my wife and son a job while I go to Herber Springs to the Little Red and catch some Browns 2 or 3 days a week.

5. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Hey buddy, you know I'd help you out in any way I could.

Seriously, If I were going to move, 45 minutes away at Heber Springs is we're I'd move. That place is booming. Oil/Gas money, Lake Houses around Greers Ferry lake, Vacation homes along the Little Red River. Plus, the town itself is growing. Someone who really knows what they are doing could come in there and dominate the market.

It would be very tempting to carry some type of fishing tackle in your work truck at all times though...:laugh:

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

No fooling around trying to kill KRB in this area. Does it matter if you got weeds?

20140513_114059.jpg

20140513_113451.jpg

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

This is a 600sq.ft area on other end of media in previous picture where I started massive effort on krb last September when it was 90. I hit it with MSMA twice. When I could see new krb I did the mso plus celsius. Then in the spring I had massive rescue grass so RU on the entire area. It was brown. Here we are a few months later and there is a lot of bermuda but krb is back on part. I hit it with mso plus image.

I am not going to fool with it any more. Just sharpening the blades and cut it low. By the way I never used any Pre-m on this because I figured no wild bermuda would sprout. Was that correct?

20140513_113813.jpg

8. greendoctor

Conventional Preemergents would keep bermuda from tacking down. That is correct. To me, it does matter if you got weeds. Mowing weeds is always a losing proposition for me. I would keep on it with the Image.

9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

TruGreen drives this area and he called and wanted to put celsius on it to stop the seed heads from coming up. We put grandular fertilize with pre-m two weeks ago.

10. greendoctor

Celsius is good, but as I said, wasted unless applied through a boom. Only thing I might apply through a Chemlawn nozzle is straight fertilizer. Otherwise it is a boom set to apply 1 gallon per 1000.