north carolina rest area

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by richard1103, Jul 3, 2007.

1. richard1103

richard1103 LawnSite Member

i stopped at rest area in Charlotte to today state worker was mowing it .looked like crap he was using a grasshopper it looked like it was mowed with a bent blade .a tooth less Goat would have done a better job. state worker should have been deducted a month pay for his work .they can not keep a contractor .most any newbee could have done better .they are good for holding a shovel or sleeping in truck.i would have fired that worker

2. johnnywill08

johnnywill08 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA z6

whew.... thought i might be opening a can of worms, judging by the title of this thread....

3. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

That worker probably doesn't take pride in his work. He is looking for a paycheck and 5 pm. Get what you pay for. If the state would pay enough to hire a quality contractor, it would look better. But in this day and age of tight budgets...... fat chance!!!

4. richard1103

richard1103 LawnSite Member

they preach how good every thing has to be then go with low bid that can not deliver the service . or the engineer has to be a pain in butt then state workers come in and do work till they get a new lowball and it looks like crap

5. S.A.L.

S.A.L. LawnSite Member
    from NOLA

Recently I pulled next to a City Parks and Services truck full of napping monkeys. It was 10:00AM, all of the equipment was sitting idle on the median and not a blade of grass had been threatened anywhere in the vacinity. I asked the "foreman" how much we pay them for their outstanding service, to which he replied "...eight bucks an hour!"

6. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

ROFLMAO, good one.

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

That's not an excuse. The guy agreed to work for eight bucks an hour and he should have gotten busy. If he doesn't like the pay he needs to go back to school, complete at least the 9th grade and get a better job.

8. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

there's some guys that do the one where I live. it's quite large and they use grasshopppers. they just dont care, it's subbed out,,

they run over paper and everything....

9. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing LawnSite Senior Member

hi richard, my wife and i stop twice a year in mount airy on our way to the shore. we look forward to a short visit there. haven't seen a bad yard in your town yet. keep up the good work you do.

10. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I don't actually live in Swift Creek or Mt. Airy but I do live in NC. I generally keep my exact location anonymous for security reasons. If you read through my posts it's pretty easy to figure out where I live but I don't broadcast it.