1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

north country organics

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by gardener, Dec 30, 2006.

1. gardener

gardener LawnSite Member

has any one used the north country organics products? if so which ones have given the best performance.

2. crab

crab LawnSite Senior Member

there all excelent products.i use harmoney because i get a better price ,but the company were i worked usses them exclusively,and they have very good results,sorry i dont remember each product.

3. crab

crab LawnSite Senior Member

forgot to spell check,ooops!

4. dallen

dallen LawnSite Member

I remember hearing about Harmony several years ago, but I thought there was some kind of Enron-type situation involving Duke Energy and the whole thing fell apart. Don't remember the specifics, and I may be far off-base here. I would like to know more about Harmony.

5. Keegan

Keegan LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

I've used their products wih good results

6. scottreil

scottreil LawnSite Member

North Country is mostly good organics although some of their products might get an upturned nose from the real purists. Certainly good enough for the average homeowner and a HUGE improvement over the usual petrochemical junk that gets used...

7. Keegan

Keegan LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

scottreil,

what organic products do you use?

8. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Is the north country fert still very dusty? It seemed that way a few years back...

9. scottreil

scottreil LawnSite Member

Hey Scotty

Corn Gluten for a first kick (March) and pre-emergent, NCO's Pro-Booster and Pro-Gro 5-3-4 for second fert (around April/June). Another gluten in July and a Pro-Start 2-3-3 in fall. I'll use any number of things specifically to treat problems...

10. gardener

gardener LawnSite Member

thanks for the reply, i'm prenstly using Espoma products, but the prices are becoming a little high. I have seen the adds for north country organics but i do not know any one using them. So if you can list the kinds you have had good luck with, it would be helpful. thanks.