North-east early end?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fga, Oct 12, 2006.

1. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

any of you guys see an earlier end to the season then usual? these leaves are coming down! and it poured last night, i can imagine what fell today.
    i atleast go to thanksgiving, but end the second week of December. the way it looks to be developing, i don't know.

2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

not to many leaves fell in any of my yards.... but most of them are swamps right now.

3. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

With two frosts possible for us this weekend Mowing should slow down a lot. I cut until about oct 21 last season then it was just clean ups.

4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

It seems to be a normal year rather than a late one like we've been having.
    It's been 4 or 5 years since we were cutting until thanksgiving and that isn't going to happen this year for sure. I'm thinking the first week of November will be last cuts.............a normal year..........

5. scagwildcat

scagwildcat LawnSite Senior Member
    from nw. ct.

im in the nw hills. my mowing has slowed right down, i think that im going to mow one or two more weeks, the leaves have fallen here, not all but most of them, the lawns are littered with them... i personally think that im not going to get a chance to fininsh all my clean-ups this year, winter will come early i think....

6. ACutAbovesiny

ACutAbovesiny LawnSite Senior Member

Already had a few customers ask how much longer we are gonna cut. i've told them that we will be there until atleast Oct 31st. Then it will be weather permitting. Noone seemed to be upset with that.

7. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Here in Michigan I think were going to have a early end this season. We've been getting a heavy frost the last few nights. Plus to top it off, here is a pic I snapped about 30 min. ago :dizzy:

101206_11251.jpg

8. Skimastr105

Skimastr105 LawnSite Senior Member

Procut is right on. We had 2 inches of snow in Rockford, MI this morning, and i hear the upper penninsula had foot. I plan on mowing for a at least two weeks still. Then it depends on what the weather does.

9. MysticLandscape

MysticLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

I plan on starting clean-ups two weeks from saturday. Then its all a matter of the first snow. Got plenty of work to keep me busy.

10. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Run away

Run away.....................