north east people ready to work yet??????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by milo, Mar 8, 2006.

1. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

i am sitting here hoping to be out doing cleanups really soon. i cannot wait. i dont think since owning my business i was so ready to start working. i am so happy the weather is starting to get batter and hope the phone starts to ring for cleanups. anyone else have this feeling????? :dancing: :rolleyes: :) :headphones: :laugh:

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

No can't say we have that feeling here. Time is moving too fast, and the season is just about to start. Calls are already coming in, 4 estimates in the last 2 days, and a few existing customers already calling asking for some extra work.
    There was a time when I wished my life away. "i can't wait till i'm 16 so I can drive." "i can't wait until i'm 21 so I can legally drink." "i can't wait till we buy our first house." "i can't wait till my little one is out of diapers."
    Now I know better, time moves too fast as it is. :cry:
    This is our 8th year in business, we're not jumping thru hoops looking for another season to start.

3. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

Im ready i need to get the cash rolling in again... but the ground is way too soft and muddy right now to do much of anything.

4. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I can't wait either. Maybe another 2 weeks I hope.

5. 4x4Jim

4x4Jim LawnSite Member

I am ready. I am hoping by next week or the week after to get back out there. If the weather stays like this I will be happy.

6. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I'm kinda in between. I am looking forward for this season, but time is flying way to fast. I am ready to get out there and start making money again. However, the work leading up... Doesn't seem like there is enough time in the day.

7. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

Quotes are going out and I start curb clean-up next week or the week after. Pretty dry so far, but I think the rain in the next few weeks so we'll have to wait and see.

8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I'm almost ready to cut grass. 2 more cleanups and then 2 large (by my standards) mulch jobs and I'm ready.

9. Sir mowsalot

Sir mowsalot LawnSite Senior Member

I started cleanups already, on Monday. 50's today, and the next 5-6 days are gonna be in the 60's. I was surprised once i started to realize how dry it everything is.

10. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Nothing yet, the news just said a chance of snow next Monday and Tuesday. I hate spring clean ups, but its a necessary evil in this business. But so far we have signed over 15 new customers that all want a spring clean up of some type.payup