North GA best Weed Control?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by GALAWN, May 1, 2012.

1. GALAWN

GALAWN LawnSite Member

I know from years of trial and error that some chemicals work better some years than others. For example, I used to use a capful of dismiss with 3-way in our backpack sprayers and it for a few rounds was the absolute cure-all but the same time the next year wasn't as effective. My question is this; What are any members in the transition zone using for Bermuda and Zoysia lawns that is highly effective on weeds without damaging the turf? I spot spray every lawn with a 4 gallon tank.

Thanks for your time.

2. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I tank mix Trimmec 992 for broadleaf control. I use a 200gal tank and spray 2.5gal a minute. I find Surge and Speedzone do well spot spraying in a backpack. I tried Q4 plus but didn't think it was very effective in early spring.

3. WestGaPineStraw

WestGaPineStraw LawnSite Senior Member

Celsius or Solitare is what we are using now on our properties. We used momentum fx2 last round of applications.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

wondering whats good for hybrid bermuda for standard broadleaf control? i guess i didn't realise how sensitive bermuda could be to 2,4-d till i started on my own yard.