1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sprout, Jul 7, 2004.

1. sprout

sprout LawnSite Member

I've read hundreds of post on this site and its real clear to me that the LCO's up north make far more money than we do here in the south. Wages have always been higher up north, so it stands to reason that its better to be in the lawn business there. We work year around here, you work, what, 8 months and then come down to Florida for a winter vacation. You guys have it made. LOL
  2. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

I haven't been on vacation in years, maybe i'm doing something wrong. At the same time, the cost of living I've heard is far cheaper there then here, so it kind of balences out. NY insurance is way high, and i think jersey is even higher. All the people that have vacation homes in florida have their cars registered down there!!
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I'm in Joysee son and my momma didn't raise no fool...it's just like a reporter who interviewed a famous bank robber (can't remember his name at the moment) back in the 1950's. He said, "how come you rob banks?" Bank robber responds with, "cause that is where the money."

Get the picture sprout...?
  4. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Maybe, but I know for a FACT that the housing cost is much, much higher "up North" also.

Why do you think that they all move here as soon as they retire and proceed to tell us how we are doing everything all wrong. :D

But in the long run I guarantee you that it all works out for us both in profit.
  5. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

I worked in S. Florida for 7 years. Here, in 8-9 months.. I make 1.5 times the amount that I made there.
  6. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Things are pretty good in my area too. I will take it over the north anyday.
  7. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

aligator eggs and blonde haired chics smokin newports aint to my liking. the money is right here. the sky is the limit in the great northeast.
  8. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

You just described my wife, but she's very easy on the eyes! you must have had some bad experiences.:cool:
  9. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

fga, sir, with all due respect, i have met your wife, and she is indeed, very easy on the eyes. quite lovely indeed. but you know, i was refering to the mindless, aligator egg eating florida folks.
  10. hartslawnmain

hartslawnmain LawnSite Member

What does a southerner hate to see more than anything?

A U-Haul heading South. LOL