1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

north vs. south

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kirk brown, Feb 2, 2006.

1. kirk brown

kirk brown LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

how much more are southern lco`s making, as apposed to those further north? Is it substantial or do leaf jobs up north counter the longer season?
    I supplement my season with snow removal but it hasn`t snow for 3 weeks, and it feels like i haven`t cut grass in ages.

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

From what I understand, pricing overall seems to be comparitively lower in the South.

3. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

When I was on Cape Cod, stuff like large estate type mowing could get top dollar along with installation.

But my growing season is much longer here, ( I still mow 2 times a month or more) and my costs are much less than if I was still on the Cape. A huge bennefit is that I have large neighborhoods that will have hundreds of houses in a certain price range in which I can get top dollar. Cape Cod doesnt have planned developments like this, rather its a bunch of different price ranges intermingled. For the most part, atleast where I am, I can make just about the same money and I have a longer growing season.