northeast cleanups

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncare18, Jan 12, 2008.

1. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone else in the northeast getting calls?? I got a few calls today for small little cleanups with this nice weather. Lots of branches down here. Anyone else workng a little???

2. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

My old boss's guys where out Thursday with backpacks and push blowers. I thought about going out to the 2 who called concerned before the snow came back in Dec. I got some weirdo who called yesterday who wanted a quote over the phone for a cleanup on a 100 X 100 lot and gutters. Then asked if I could do it this weekend. LOL. NO! Then she called today while I was at my kids indoor soccer game. I saw who it was and it ignore.

I'd like to get out there but I'm not doing anything. Everything is soaked. 12 inches of more snow coming Monday. Gotta go put the plow on. C-ya

3. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

I got a couple calls, drove by to assess the situations, and found that even though most of the ground was thawed, still some snow piles. and with the ground so soft, thought I'd make more of a muddy mess than it was worth. Would like to be doing some work if I could, though. Praying for more snow soon.

4. ponyboy

ponyboy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ny

My Guys Have Been Out For The Last 10 Day Now They Will Be Out Sunday Then Hopefully Snow Sunday Night

5. lawnman456

lawnman456 LawnSite Member
    from ct

finally finish my leaves today. i just have to dump my leaves and take the box off tomorrow. and get ready for the snow. this storm looks big

6. GreenerSideLC

GreenerSideLC LawnSite Member

when we had that real warm weather I went out and did some clean-ups that I knew had a lot of leaves on them. I drove past other to see how bad they were, if not to bad i pushed them til spring. Hopefully spring starts early this year

7. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey, I'm from East Haven I did alot of cleanups this past week as well I'm all set except for one call I got this weekend but the lady needed the leaves taken away I told her I couldn't because I would have no place to dump the leaves before the snow fall.