Northeast guys, how often...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mkwl, Sep 8, 2005.

?

How often are you mowing in the Northeast?

1. Once every week

41 vote(s)
    68.3%
  2. Once every other week

17 vote(s)
    28.3%
  3. Once every 3 weeks

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  4. Once per month

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  1. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

For all of you guys in the Northeast, how often are you mowing your accounts that have NO irrigation system for the lawn? Here in NJ it has been very dry, I have all of my accounts with NO irrigation system on an every other week mowing scedule.

2. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

We provide weekly service regardless. Every once and a while we will have a heart and skip, but I can honestly say we have skipped maybe 6 houses this season 1 week. If we had to be responsible for mother nature, whats the sense of being in business? When the grass grows like it's on steroids in the spring... are you getting more for it? :)

3. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with you, It's just that some of these clients REQUESTED that their lawn not be mowed every week.

4. Turf Troll

Turf Troll LawnSite Member

Here it has been 14 days without rain and 7 official heatwaves, a huge opportunity in renovation because of heat stress and weekly mowing of brown grass. A lot of bare spots on banks. So many lawns the grass crunchs when you walk on the turf.

5. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

Every Week still, there are 2 that changed to every other. Just gotta cut the lawns high. I have most of my decks set all the way up, you just have to adjust to each lawn. Keeps em green.

Jeff

6. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

Im doing about 75% every other week then there is two more i havnt mowed in three weeks. The rest are watered so i can cut them weekly.I havnt seen it this dry in a long time. Some of my accounts are 100% brown except a few weeds.

7. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We were at 14 days on most and 21 on some until last week. We got 5" of rain from Katrina...

Everything is growing like spring again! Let it snow payup

8. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

i am cutting like every 10 days now. it sucks trying to scheduling it out like that. some people chase me off there lawn. i guess they dont care if the family dont eat for that week. i need to worjk people

9. Turf Troll

Turf Troll LawnSite Member

NNJLAWNMAN
    I raised to 4 1/2 in this extreme ,generally 4 through heat stress What is your height? At all the way 5"? Like pricing It is generally different depending where we are at when the rain falls maybe this OPHELIA storm will solve this.

10. Sir mowsalot

Sir mowsalot LawnSite Senior Member

Been dry here in central Pa. also, but i have seen drier seasons. Hasnt rained in awhile but for the past 2 weeks we have been having heavy dew on the ground with cooler evening temperatures and it is keeping the grass growing. Last year year i mowed 35 weeks.