1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Northeast guys..is your phone more quiet than in past years?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GarPA, Apr 9, 2003.

1. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

Last year at this time I was getting almost too many calls from ads and referrals. The past few weeks this year have been the opposite....few calls. Obviously the weather distracts people from geting things set up but I guess I never cease to be amazed how people dont PLAN for our services....just wondering if your new business calls are considerably fewer right now compared to past years???...if they aren't, I need to fix something in my marketing plan!!!

Yeah I know, they'll all be calling at once and went the work done tomorrow. Well tomorrow is looking more and more like MAY.
  2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Snow On ground Phone Quiet
  3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

You've been quiet lately so you must be doing some work.;)
  4. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

When we had that warm spell about a week and a half ago the phone was ringing. Since we had all the rain and snow the phone pretty much stopped ringing. Sure has been some cranky weather the past year. Matt
  5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Playing with The Mower And Some New toys watching It Rain.
  6. cklands

cklands LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

I was starting to think that the phone bill didn't get paid. We are off to a much slower start than last year. Once it stops snowing I'm sure that we will all be crazy with the phone calls.
  7. A1 Lawn@Landscapes

A1 Lawn@Landscapes LawnSite Member

I have gottom fewer calls, but better ones. Less residential, more commercial.
  8. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

same here i only got 5 new calls this year.im glad to see some guys are having the same problems.this was a hell of a winter and alot of people are trying to recover from it income wise.also its been cold still,but as soon as the sun comes out and they see the grass and trees start to grow you will be getting tons of calls.the war also slows things up because people are watching it and worried about whats going on.once all this goes away things will change. :)
  9. Indiana

Indiana LawnSite Member

I'm not in the NE.

My phone is not ringing. I don't what's happening.

Guess I do some changing......
  10. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

2 weeks ago it was ringing off the hook..but this past week with rains and snow...only one call....OUCH!!!