1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Northeast Guys what % of your lawns are you mowing?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nemow, Apr 28, 2008.

1. nemow

nemow LawnSite Senior Member

I've been mowing as I do my cleanups here in Mass hoping to buy some time. I have two cleanups left and figure I will at least drive my lawn list at the beggining of next week and mow the ones that need it. Some of my lawns I have already driven by look like they will not need a mowing for at least another week. Some need it now. Just wondering where the line is for green grass. Most of the trees in my town aren't even green yet but one town over it looks like summer. Good old eastern breeze off the ocean and lack of rain (its been two weeks with a soaker on the way) is keeping spring away. Thanks
  2. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

down near Philly, been cutting my route for about a month. getting ready for round 2 of fert and getting dumped on as we speak.
  3. TSG

TSG LawnSite Senior Member

Zero, here in central NH
    It looks like it may be a couple more weeks.
    Still got some snow in shaded areas
  4. Brad Ent

Brad Ent LawnSite Member

Just started cutting last week in Hartford County
  5. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

I'm planning to cut next week. All the lawns are green, so I think today's rain will cause some quick growth.
  6. Toad

Toad LawnSite Senior Member

Just started to take off here last week, now we have some cold air and rain to deal with till end off week, but then its going to be nuts. We reall y needed the rain to get things into there crazy spring growth.
  7. mybowtie

mybowtie LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Mowed a few last week, but it was so dry lawns stoped growing. getting a nice steady rain today. Things will expload in the next few days.
  8. snowjeep

snowjeep LawnSite Senior Member

I cut them all in WNY last week and over the weekend. Its now raining but high is only 45.
  9. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

Been cuttin weekly for 4 weeks now on all
  10. nemow

nemow LawnSite Senior Member

I guess its a coming this way. After this rain things will start to pop. I haven't started mowing yet I am just south of Boston.