Northeast lawn mowing rodeo?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawrence stone, Jun 1, 2001.

1. Anyone up for putting on a rodeo in the Northeast around October 1, 2001?

If figure there could be two types of competition. 1. wide area
    striping with 60-62" mowers and a 2. residential contest with up to
    52" machines.

It would need to be held where there are a bunch of lush dormant (not in play) blue grass baseball and softball fields in one general area.

The residential contest could consist of lining off 100' square blocks
    in which a couple of wooden frames could be used to string trim around and then moved to the next block. A sheet of plywood could be used to simulate an area to be blown free off clippings. The time it takes to complete will be part of the final score.

The people who enter will be the judges. You could be give a ballot where you cannot vote for yourself.

Turf Mag you should take this idea and run with it.

2. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

great idea mister stone. for me to enter we will need a competition class for fescue and field weeds. I challenge all!:D

GEO

3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I would LOVE to just mow open areas like ball fields! Those would be a piece of cake! I'll make a run for it. Just where is Anthracite Valley? Up in the depressing coal regions I suppose. Is that the town or an area? I can get away for a day trip around then.

4. Chip

Chip LawnSite Member

Tom
    Maybe we could Truck/Trailer pool to Anthracite Valley. Your truck my trailer, your exmark my dixie. I believe it is in the East Stroudsburg area. I usually go up that way in the fall anyway have a place we could probably stay.

5. When your making $50+ per hour in a low cost of living area
    it's like heaven on earth.

The ideal site to get the max amount of interest would be north of
    Phila near the interchange of the turnpikes.

6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Chip,

Sounds like a plan! How's that HONKIN' Honda doing! Good I hope!

Lawrence,

Didn't mean it to sound degrading. Sorry if it sounded that way. It just seems that everytime I think of coal country, I think of Transylvania and that whole depressing scene. Its just a shame, as that area used to be really booming 50 yrs ago! Now with OIL the way it is, maybe its time for coal to make a comeback?

7. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

How far is that from Chicago, sounds like fun. :)

8. BigEd

BigEd LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

Will there be different age groups??LOL
    Couldnt resist:D :blob3: :eek: :blob3:

9. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

HO,HO,HO! HA, HA, HA! CAUGHT YOU STONE FULL OF BS FOR SURE THIS TIME!!! 50 BUCKS AN HOUR, MINIMUM, WHO WOULD EXPECT LESS! BUT LOW COST OF LIVING AREA IN PENNSYLVANIA...??? HO, HO HO! HA, HA, HA!!!

SORRY FOR THE ALL CAPS!!! MY SIDE IS SPLITTING SO HARD FROM LAUGHING THAT I CAN'T KILL THE CAPS KEY! HO,HO,HO! HA, HA, HA!

GEO (HO,HO,HO! HA, HA, HA!!!)

10. plow kid

plow kid Banned

just what we need, steam powered dixie choppers and lazers, most likely the wave of the future :rolleyes: