Northeast NY, any others out there?

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by jrc lawncare, Jan 25, 2004.

1. jrc lawncare

jrc lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I'm sure there are others from the upstate NY area, We own a small lco north of Albany.Would like to hear from some others from the Upstate NY area. This is an excellent site, have'nt posted in a while, looking forward to all the qualitry info and ideas tossed around here. thanks guys.:D

2. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

western NY. here. near jamestown and buffalo

3. Mike Wilton

Mike Wilton LawnSite Member

From Bradford Pa. Moved to Warren Pa. I inlaws on Goose creek. Now live in Oka Ridge N.C. started mowing summer of 2003 just love it. How are things at the Surf club.

4. tawilson1152

tawilson1152 LawnSite Member

Northern NY, north of Watertown. Just starting up.

5. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

hey guys, I'm from down on long island.
    There is tons of work here and bus. is great. However, I love it upstate and would move up there in a second. How is the business up there? Is it relatively easy to get customers (assuming you know your shiznet) and are they close together? Is the season short? Here it's march to dec. Any input appreciated.

6. jrc lawncare

jrc lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Business is good. It is really as big as you want it to get. Hoping to go full time this year, last year was so busy, could hardly keep up along with a full time job.

7. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi mike, Surf club is still cool. I work at the See-Zurh house full time and cut grass PT. We have a bartender from warren here. She goes by Jilly K.

8. Bob's Lawn

Bob's Lawn LawnSite Member

Just North of Syracuse here. I was full time. I am now working for a new TV station and only doing lawns part time now.

Since I went part time I have had more calls for service. Isn't that always the way?

Bob

9. djlawn

djlawn LawnSite Member

Hey Bob's Lawn do you work in East Syracuse at all. email me if you do.

10. Bob's Lawn

Bob's Lawn LawnSite Member

djlawn,

I haven't worked that direction. Mainly North Syracuse-Clay area. How is the business there?