1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Northeast rain

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Liberty Lawncare, Jul 28, 2004.

1. Liberty Lawncare

Liberty Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

We need the rain but wet gras is a pain in the ***. I am staying in today is anybody else not mowing today?:(
  2. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Didn't mow Monday, Tuesday, and won't be out until 12-1pm today (waiting for everything to dry out alittle bit). We had 2.19" of rain yesterday.. Over 7 1/2" for July
  3. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

2nd day home... but its no big deal, cuz i did a job moday, made good money, and still have 3 days left to bang out my route, working a little later into the day.

Yesterday in the light rain yesterday, i bought and put together a swingset for my daughter. it took a few hours, and i used extra mulch from my "left over material from jobs pile". i used red cedar under the whole play set. I used a 4" hard plastic edging to hold it in. we had so much rain last night, i just had to rake about 4 bags worth it off the lawn!! You know how hard it was to keep my daughter from the back window and seeing the set, I'd have to bring her out in the pouring rain.:blob3:
  4. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

We just got tons of rain last night and this morning. Just getting ready to head out the door and see if I can do anything. Just remember without any rain there wouldn’t be anything to cut.

5. Ol'time Lawncare

Ol'time Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

rainning here, off and on, haven't cut since monday
  6. meathead1134

meathead1134 LawnSite Senior Member

Were wating for the rain hit us in MA. I just planted kentucky bluegrass on sunday. It's suppose to hit us around 5:pm
  7. Liberty Lawncare

kids hate rain. If I get my rute done I am going to buy and pickup a used swing/ playset this sunday.:)
  8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

All this rain in the NE should be enough to carry us through the rest of the summer...can you say cha-ching??!!
  9. meathead1134

meathead1134 LawnSite Senior Member

I see dollar sings in my sleep and this only my first year. We need the rain several customers lawns were drying out from the last stretch of hot weather.
  10. Liberty Lawncare

It's worth a day off to not have to skip lawns because thay are dry. Plus its nice to relax for a change. I am going out to do some maintenance later.