Northeast seminars and trade shows..

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Viseras lawn service, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Viseras lawn service

Viseras lawn service LawnSite Member
    from 6

Any one ever been to the seminar and tradeshow in westchester? Seems like a decent is the trade show aspect? what vendors are there?
  2. 4x4Jim

4x4Jim LawnSite Member

I haven't been to that one, but I have been to other shows/conferences. There are a lot of vendors, and the conferences are usually very informative. There is one coming up in march in providence, RI, which isn't far from CT. I will be attending this one as well.
  3. LawnMowerBoy48

LawnMowerBoy48 LawnSite Member

I'm going to New England Grows in the first week of Febuary.
  4. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

I went to the tradeshow in at the westchester county center. it was good. i got the member price and went to the natural lawn care seminar. it was pretty interesting. Trade show was good. Almost walked out with a new truck but decided to wait at the last minute. They had amazing deals on all types of equipment. I suggest you guys in the Northeast check it out. I thought it was worth the money but its only 10 minutes away for me where as some of you guys are a little more further.
  5. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

Any coming to the Va/NC/Tenn area soon ?

6. godzilla

godzilla LawnSite Senior Member

IMO the show isn't worth it. Go one year and that's about it. The only real good thing about it is that you get to hear all the new DEC rules and regs. There are some vendors there, but nothing special. As far as the other speakers go... besides Tom... they aren't worth listening to.
  7. FairwayLandscape

FairwayLandscape LawnSite Member
    from LI

We go for credits only
  8. ripple

ripple LawnSite Member

Pesticide credits?
  9. FairwayLandscape

FairwayLandscape LawnSite Member
    from LI

In NYS we need to maintain a receive a certain amount of credits or course hours in order to KEEP our pesticide licenses
    FUN, HUH?
  10. ripple

ripple LawnSite Member

Sorry to go off topic...we have to do the same thing here in PA.

I am just begining the process. Anyways....It would be nice to know of any local trade shows or seminars?