Northeast Start Date

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by proenterprises, Apr 11, 2008.

1. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

How are you other Northeast guys making out this week? Is everyone still working on cleanups? Mulch?

When are you fellows slated to start cutting?

2. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I allways start up slow and slugish. Its like this every year. But once i get the rythem going, im good for the year. I'll be doing cleanups for atleast 2 more weeks and mulch will be done through april and may and cutting usually starts by the 1st of may.

3. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

Monday we will start to cut, with skips as necessary. The weather was so cooperative we blew right threw our cleanups and 90% of mulch. I need to start cutting. I cant remember when we got 3 full weeks in this time of year.

4. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Maryland here and everybody is cutting full swing now. Everything is DEEP here!

5. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Matt started working the week of March 17th, doing a few cleanups, a few retaining block jobs, some bed edging, etc., jobs that needed to be done before the mowing season started.
    Then he started cutting a few last week, and this week he is in full swing with the cutting schedule.

6. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS LawnSite Member

been doing cleanups on and off for 2 weeks now with a few more to go. some yards could need mowing later next week.

7. milkie62

milkie62 LawnSite Senior Member

I can still snowmobile 30 minutes away with plenty of snow

8. LTDLawnCare

LTDLawnCare LawnSite Member

Here in Mass we I have been doing clean-ups for about 3 weeks and will start mulch next week and will be cutting the first full week of may.

9. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

Real nice here yesterday, cut 2 yards. Grass is starting to grow here, should be mowing full schedule ASAP.

10. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

One more week of cleanups, at least a week of mulch, and odd jobs. Then hopefully mowing first week of May. Coming off a sh!* winter like we had, it feels good to be working!!!