Northeast ...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncare18, Jul 23, 2006.

1. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Idk about eveyrone else but in the northeast grass is growing like mad with all this rain. WIsh we could send it to you southern and mid west guys who really need the rain. Hows eveyrones season... Still mowing 6 7 days a week with the rain and how fast its been growing? Hope all is going well for eveyrone and hope you guys who need the rain will get some very very soon!!!!!

2. bobcat9957

bobcat9957 LawnSite Member

Ya you are right. I mowed my lawn wensday and again on sunday. My weekly accounts are like 5 in. long by the time I make my rounds.

3. lawncare18

Its nuts... im mowing some twice a week still... as I drove aorund my neighborhood you still see people with clumps from mowing it them selves... just hope some of the people down south get some much needed rain!!!!

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I will never complain again about all the rain after last year's drought.

5. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Yea...it's been kinda tough b/c we are still operating beyod capacity...I just have more work than I can do and ppl. are getting alittle upset waiting. Heck it's like April around here, except we have to deal with 90+ degree temps.

6. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

i usually cut 23 yards a week, but last week i just cut 11 and today already have had 4 cancel for the upcoming week! we are in need for some rain really bad! some of my customers yards havent seen a drop in 3 weeks!

7. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

i like the rain, keeps my grass nice and green, just rained for 2 days straight here. I just finished mowing my lawn , mowerd it on tuesday last wee, and today it was about 10" tall

8. lawncare18

jpocket... you guys busy just mowing or doing landscape work to? working long days and 7 days a week to keep up???

9. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Yep we are mowing 5 days a week, sometimes we have 5 or 6 to do on Saturday. Then the rest of the day Saturday we have to pick up the Extra work like trimming shrubs, and mulching. i hate working Saturdays. I really need a good foreman, alls I have now is laborers that have to be supervised constantly

10. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

we dont need no stinkin rain!!!!!! you keepit!