Northeastern Oklahoma

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by luckydooley, Feb 19, 2008.

1. luckydooley

luckydooley LawnSite Senior Member

Was wanting some input from the guys from Oklahoma. How many cuts per season are you averaging?

2. coonman

coonman LawnSite Senior Member

My fescue usually starts mid March and Bermuda kicks in about mid to late April. I mow both until mid October. So I would say around 25-30 depending on the grass.

3. jklawns

jklawns LawnSite Member

I ended up with 27 cuts for bermuda and 30 cuts for fescue.

4. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

I'm pretty much the same as the guys above. This is what I tell the prospective customers.

We mow twice in April, then May thru September we mow every week. October we mow twice again. We do this because in April, and October the Bermuda is not growing very much. This give about 26 cuts for the Bermuda lawns.
    On Fescue lawns we mow every week April thru Oct.

If you agree we have a deal...none of this I'll call, or skip nonsense.

Hope this helps you.

5. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Same here Coonman...but dont forget the henbit...I love it when that crap grows thick and tall...makes my customers call in march!

I usually do 1 mowing in Mid March...2 or 3 in April...then weekly through September. 2 to 4 in October depending on how warm and wet it is.

okflag.jpg

6. luckydooley

luckydooley LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for input guys. I knew you'd come through! Thats about what I figured 26-30. Thanks again!

7. GCLC

GCLC LawnSite Member

Did you guys only mow once a week even last year during all the rain? My yard needed to be mowed about every 3-4 days. Of course crabgrass does grow fast :hammerhead: