Northern Cutters Don't Complain

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nelbuts, Sep 5, 2003.

1. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

Well so far we have been hit with 8" of rain since 1 a.m. Friday and now it is coming down at 3" per hour.

Don't forget that in August we had 18" of rain for the wettest August in 22 years. We had about 3" so far for the month of Sept. until today.

So all you northern cutters please, please don't tell us how wet it is there. It has been raining like this since April.

One good thing. Today was the first day off since August 14th. What happened that day you ask? Rained all day! :blob3: ;)

2. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I won't tell you how wet it is here cause we are in a draught. Haven't had any decent rains here since the first week of July. We are so far behind in precipitation that its getting kinda scary. I hope this weather pattern changes before winter. :eek:

3. woodycrest

woodycrest LawnSite Senior Member

I'm with DLCS...

brownwp.jpg

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, but we don't have the months of December, January, February, and March to count on to "catch up"...you do btw. We miss a cut here and there cause of too much rain and we're up the preverbial creek without sufficient means of locomtion (if ya know what I mean?).

For you in SW Florida, there is alway manana...for us, it's the dead of winter soon or later.

5. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

True NJ but we have to cut everything once per week during this time of year. Usually this is all over by mid Nov. and our drought starts in Jan. and lasts till end of May.

Don't get me wrong but I have been reading about your rain troubles this year and had to laugh a little cause we have to deal with it all the time. It gets old after awhile but you get use to it.

6. Blk94fiveOh

Blk94fiveOh LawnSite Member
    from MN

7. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Funny how this can change, WE were complaining about no rain last year now look!!

BE careful what you ask for....

[​IMG]

8. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Kirby,

Looks like its either feast or famine for you guys.:eek:

9. PetalsandPines

PetalsandPines LawnSite Member

At least down in Florida, you have very sandy soil..when we get heavy rains up here, it never dries up! Right?

10. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: nelbuts, you know for how much rain you had the next day it stops the phone is gonna ring from dilweeds asking why there lawns hasnt been done in 3 days. i got people bitchin because i cared about the job we do and skiped a very wet backyard (standing water), wanted to know what the problem is and why it wasnt done. unbeleivable. tony

ps lookin for to the giants/ bucs nov. 24