Separate names with a comma.
Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .
Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Sep 18, 2012.
Yes, roughly 35-65% of urea applied could be volatized if not watered in.
I wonder how much of the urea has volatized since Early September when I put the stuff down??? the prills are still lieing there, dry as dust and they're not slow release so its hard to tell if these things are gassing off in some way...
That would be an interesting thing to know, whether the fert is staying in place when it is so dry or not...
Yes this isn't the type of fall I will be using straight up urea for final app.
No rain in sight, dry as a bone.
Weather sure does make you adjust your strategies a lot, no?
The first couple weeks of the cooling process and the fert apps that went along with it worked out great, but then all of a sudden we realize we're done... I have a few areas that I can clean that aren't too dusty yet, but even the leaf pickup has been altered... 30% chance of rain Tuesday... Hope you can get back to business before the snow comes...
Could it be getting too cool to put down Milorganite? We had a pretty good frost last night, our recent temps here seem to be cooler than normal, and forecasted highs max out in the very low 50's to very low 60's for the next 10 days. I don't know what the ground temps are, but I don't want to put the stuff down now if it will be of no benefit. I can just wait until spring.
According to my past experiences, there isn't going to be much change in the turf coloration even with water soluable synthetic N... it has been so dry for so long, that it will be interesting to see what happens with the fert this year... Spring application is better than an ineffectual Fall fertilization,,, but then some say that Fall fertilization goes into Thanksgiving time here in CentroWisco...
Does Milorganite need that much micro-activity, more-so than some synthetics??? It would be good for some definitive answers to questions on Milorganite...
Yes would like to know this info about Milorganite.
Also, miracle of miracles, it is raining here this AM. With a larger storm system for this weekend potentially. With some rainfall, I still think it is worth it to get a final fert app down by early Nov. If we get some Indian Summer in the meantime, all the more worth it.
You too???!!! It's still raining here this afternoon and it's great!!!
We used 45-0-0 100% slow release. This is the first year we used a complete slow release. Time will tell on the results. I'm happy with the coverage!
Posted via Mobile Device