Northern Michigan Landscapers

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by NNL&LS, Aug 23, 2006.

1. NNL&LS

NNL&LS Banned
    from zone 5

I'd like to get an idea if there is anyone out there in northern michigan, or am i really the only one doing good work up here? just kidding if there actually is .. we need to network more up here, as the detroit crowd doesn't do us much good.

2. noseha

noseha LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

you mow or just landscape

3. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, I'm not detroit by any means, I'm not Frankfort that for sure although it is a lot closer, so you tel me what am I ? lost somewhere in the middle? your only about a 130 or so miles away.
    but I don't landscape.

4. NNL&LS

NNL&LS Banned
    from zone 5

To the gentleman in Arcadia, I do commercial and residential mowing, landscape maintenance, installation, irrigation, lighting, and pest control. Our company is called Northern Naturals and we are in our second season, so we are trying to create a network of distributors and other companies in maintenance and landscaping that do quality work... I have placed myself around a lot of these types of people lately and it does seem to be paying off, both for my business and other lco's that we have been in contact with as well (idea sharing, etc.). What kind of work are you doing now? What is your range?

5. noseha

from MI

I Do What It Takes! Mostly Mow And Seal Driveways! What Do You Run For Equipment? Who Do You Deal With For Equipment? I'm Looking To Pick Up Two Days With Commercial Work Somewhere. Only One Commercial Acct Here And I Do It! I Don't Go Up Too Your Neck Of The Woods. But From What I Have Seen I May. Not To Many Lco Around You. How Many Crews Do You Run. I Have Never Seen You. I Moved Here About 5yrs Ago. I Grew Up In Manistee Until I Was 15. Moved To Greenville Worked Their For 15 Years In Lawn Care. Now I'm Here. I Think More Lco Should Talk. We Should Set The Market Around Here. There Is More Than Enough Work To Go Around!! I Have A Guy Who Subs Thru Me We Should All Meet At A&w Someday? I Love To Talk About Lawncare. Do You Have Anything For Sale?

6. NNL&LS

NNL&LS Banned
    from zone 5

We have one crew: myself, my partner, and part timers. We try to do everything on our own to keep the money close. We have also been selective of the work we take on. Our equipment is basic: Gravely 4815WB, trim mowers, edgers, trimmers, Husqy backpack, stihl bp, 3 trucks/2 trailers, spray rig (in one week), tillers, and installation tools. We deal mainly with lark in t.c. .. For us, the service has been positive so far, and the quotes that we have gotten for future z's are acceptable. For stone, etc. we go to Blue Star in traverse. Great people. For irrigation, it's Automatic in Copemish . more great people. You are right, not many in Frankfort area. We have Land and Lake who are the largest in this area. They do nice work, and throw us a bone from time to time, but by now we have determined that they are junk accounts and don't want them. We have been leaning toward installation more this time of year. We should set the market, and I think we can .. slowly.. I have started to notice that we can influence what customers want simply by telling them what they want... love to meet at A W sometime.. definitely need to get a better network here. really progress this line of work if some of us start to set a real standard. Almost forgot, Tri Turf in t.c. for chemicals/fert/spreaders, and some seriously good advice. Let me know, and we'll set up a sit-down. Jackson 651-0988.

7. noseha

from MI

I Saved About $1800 On My 260z I Have A Story For You About Larks Sound Like You Have A Good Start!! I Use Ron Brown&son For My Rock But I Don't Do That Kind Of Work Once Or Twice I Do Alot Of Home Overgrowth And Clean Up's Who Do You Have Do Your Small Engine Repair Have You Tryed The Guy In Elberta I'm Still Loking For A Great Repair Guy!!! And Land And Lake Is Only Going To Give Their Crappy Jobs Don't Do Thier Work Bid The Work Your Self If You Get Ztr Buy Big!!!!!!!

8. noseha

from MI

There Has Been 60 Viewing For This Title!! Post Something The More The Better

9. NNL&LS

NNL&LS Banned
    from zone 5

I don't know the guy in Elberta.. I usually try to figure it out myself, or I take it to a guy here in frankfort who does a lot of auto work on the side, but he likes to do things a little weird. He's too concerned with saving you money, so he just rigs things up to get you by. I want to find someone who will just go ahead and FIX my stuff. let me know if you know of anyone but L and B . What happened at Lark?

10. NNL&LS

NNL&LS Banned
    from zone 5

just got a call on a christmas light seminar in G.R. Sept. 14th. Thinking of checking it out.. Have you seen or heard of anyone offering it as a service in Manistee Co.?