1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Northman snowplows

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by Psyclopse, Dec 26, 2000.

1. Psyclopse

Psyclopse LawnSite Member
    from In

Anyone ever heard of this company? I was given a link to their site and it didn't give much info. From the pictures, it seems like a basic plow setup- simple. Anyone heard of any reliability issues? Good or bad?
  2. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

Its funny you brought this up because I kept forgetting to ask the same question out of curiousity. A potential sub contractor of mine has one & I fixed a switching problem for him, but I was curious about it because I'd never seen or heard of it. I think Digger mentioned it one time & it wasn't bad comments.
  3. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 LawnSite Senior Member

A dealer by me sells their plows. I've heard a lot of good things about their rear-blades. You can check out http://www.northmansnowplows.com but last time I was there, it was under construction.

4. diggerman

diggerman LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

The Northman is all we used to run,they used to be a very well built plow.They used to have two diffrent models,one that was identical to a western that was junk and a heavy duty model that was as heavy as I had seen.The used a under hood pumps which cost about a third of the the money to fix or replace as a over priced meyer or western pump.All in all I had very good luck with them.
  5. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

I saw one on a truck today for the first time, I've never seen one before.

BRL- maybe it was your sub, his truck said Raritian on it, I was at the Brigdewater Home Depot.