1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Nosey Neighbors

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by jd boy, May 14, 2005.

1. jd boy

jd boy LawnSite Member
    from nw ohio

So we are we are working the other day on a lady's property that always stays wet and swampy. she sits lower than her two neighbors. there was originally a drainage swale cut thru to go to a culvert two houses down. because she sits lower the water does not leave her property.

Our soultion was to make that area a dry creek bed. that will keep it cleaned up and allow us to tie some of the same stone material into other areas thus unifying her entire back yard.

Her neighbor comes over, who has been watching out his window all day, and proceeds to yell at my foreman. he says he is going to bring out the town enigneer because we are changing the water shed.

I already know the answer, but we can't get in trouble, right?
    We physically have not changed any water shed. we did not tie into the city drain culvert. essentially all we did was excevate alittle and dump some gravel around.
  2. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

What is a dry creek bed?
  3. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

A creek always has water, a dry creek bed is stones placed where water gathers/flows during a storm, instead of a mud creek, you now have a nice rock creek.....I don't think you are in trouble, your not hauling tons of dirt out and messing with the flow...pop the Alka Seltzer tab in your month next time the noisy people come around....a little foam around the mouth works every time to scare them away...
  4. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

this is an example of one exept you would want the sides less built up
  5. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

What is that supposed to be an example of ?
  6. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

It's an ugly dry creekbed