1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

not a good weekend

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chefdrp, Jun 5, 2004.

1. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

well i had a s---- weekend so far. first my new line trimmer is acting up. this was on fri. take it in and they cant look at it til. Mon. Ok i have a back up. Now i am mowing with the new w/b. 67 hrs on it and a belt breaks.It was the drive belt. now i have to push the d---- thing about 100 yard to the garage on the prop i was at. take off the belt. My lesco dealer is a tad bit over an hr away. so i drive around looking fo a belt to fit. There is a cub dealer in my town but the say they dont have that type of belt.( they must because my lesco is the same mower as there w/b). anyway they send me to a store that should sell one. I get there and they have a belt. I take it back to the mower and the V On the belt is too wide. Now i am getting upset. Fiany find a belt at a autozone. take it and put it on. Mind you the whole deck has to come off and stuff. start to mow for about 45 min and the spring on the idler breaks. belt must have been to tight. Now every store is closed. I will have to get up early on mon. morn and drive to lesco and get the thing fixed. what a day.
  2. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

that blows:( ........................................

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

now u know what breaks get extra springs and belts
  4. Sir mowsalot

Sir mowsalot LawnSite Senior Member

that stinks. I could go on and on with stories like that, that i experienced. Best thing is to count your blessings, and to remember that it cant continue like that forever.
  5. moss

moss LawnSite Member

Some days are diamonds, some days are gold.
  6. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

i'm thinking some dealer will be getting their lesco back very very soon. you have to remove the deck to change the belt?? sorry to hear about your weekend.
  7. Sir mowsalot

Sir mowsalot LawnSite Senior Member

In the words of Frank Costanza " SERENITY NOW".
  8. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

don't forget the great Man-zierre!