1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Not bad for homeade

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Mowinforaliving, Mar 23, 2013.

1. GaryBK

GaryBK LawnSite Senior Member
    from Canada

Ahhhh Thats 1.25GPM on 1000ftsq!!!

2. Mowinforaliving

Mowinforaliving LawnSite Bronze Member

I won't boom standard residential lawns. They're 5,000 sq ft or so in my area. I will only use it on the bigger areas. I handgunned 1.5 acres on Easter Sunday last weekend for a farmer I know. It was his personal house out in the country. I will use my gun around the trees, high line poles, etc. then jump on the mower and knock out the rest. I like the idea of having the nozzles at the same height at all times during the application as well as the same speed (stopper blocks to regulate how far my mower drive handles go down). I may invest in a push boom for small residential lawns like you're talking about. Until then, I'll just use my TeeJet Gun on them with my skid.

3. Mowinforaliving

Mowinforaliving LawnSite Bronze Member

I figured that was a typing error :drinkup: I live in a smaller town and know a lot of people who live in the country with bigger properties. That's why the ztr boom investment.

4. GaryBK

GaryBK LawnSite Senior Member
    from Canada

Ah. That'll do it....

5. GreenUtah

GreenUtah LawnSite Senior Member
    from SLC, UT

Preemergent products, iron, potash, WP fungicides...all will settle out without proper agitation into goo in the bottom of your tank.
    That not only means your application rates will be off, but that you now have a difficult mess to deal with inside your tank.

I'll assume that most daily sprayers are running 200-500 gallon tanks and sloshing isn't going to keep them mixed.

I do like electric on 10-35 gallons tanks, especially for roundup which will destroy most pumps. I use an rv water pump for that and when it's dead, clean and toss it.

6. AllBrad

AllBrad LawnSite Member

sub for pics............................thanks...........................