Not bagging

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by specialtylc, Jul 20, 2004.

1. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

Had a request today from a customer that we have been mowing since may. First thing he said was ,and I quote > You guys are doing on heeluva great job<He said he wanted us to not bag his lawn, just wanted it discharged or mulched. We have been using the 21s on it .This is a first for me in 8 years in this business. We bag all of our residential clients and thats what most prefer. We dont even have a mower that has a mulching setup on it. Anyway anytime I get a request that makes it easier and faster I am happy to do so. Now we will be using the 37WB and let er fly.
    The second thing he said which made me laugh was that the grass looked rough. So I asked him what he meant. He said it looked great right after, but a couple days later it wasnt perfect anymore. I told him that after 2 days the grass is growing and that its not going to be even because each blade of grass will not grow at exactly the same rate.

2. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

I deal w/some of these same Idiots. The fact that their grass is green and growing in mid July while their neighbors lawns are dormant and browning doesn't seem to dawn on these Morons.

3. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Boy are you right ! LOL

4. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

These are the same Morons who will call me this time of year, thinking they have a problem with the lawn. "It's all brown, what's the matter with it?"

I tell them "If you stood outside for 3 weeks straight without drinking any water you would look like s*** too!"

5. Doster's L & L

Doster's L & L LawnSite Senior Member

HAHAHA Now that's funny!! You're exactly right though!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Fareway Lawncare
    I deal w/some of these same Idiots. The fact that their grass is green and growing in mid July while their neighbors lawns are dormant and browning doesn't seem to dawn on these Morons.

I have these same people wanting me to lower my deck on their nice green lawns. They evidently haven't noticed that their neighbors lawns that are cut at 3" or less are BROWN and EXTRA CRISPY!! I have to educate these same people every year!! Just goes with the territory i guess. :rolleyes: