not cutting right

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by yardfarmer, Apr 11, 2006.

1. yardfarmer

yardfarmer LawnSite Member

i have 60 in exmark lazer z and on the right blade it will cut about a 3/4 of an inch higher than the center and left side. i have rplaced the spindle the belts the blades, i brought it to the dealer and they charged me 150.00 and dint even fix it. it is getting very frustrating. any sugestions would be very helpful!

2. Madstriper

Madstriper LawnSite Member

Now consider that this is coming from a newbie, and you have probably already thought of this, but just in case, check the air pressure in your tires, making sure they are even.

3. yardfarmer

thanks for the sug. but i have tried that, it can be easily seen that it is just the exact blade

4. Metalmacguyver

Metalmacguyver LawnSite Member

are there washers on the blade bolt to adjust the height? is the frame warped? i had a snow blower and the auger wasnt square to the chassis and it ran a little funny till i realized what it was and fixed it.

5. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

if its just that one blade, I'd look and see if theres a spacer in the wrong position.

6. davidcalhoun

davidcalhoun LawnSite Bronze Member

1) Don't discount the tire thing yet. After you have the correct pressure in both tires, measure the height of both tires with a level. I even seen some people put the wrong size tire on when they replaced one.

2) Rotate that blade and see if it lines up with the middle blade. Rotate both blades 180 degrees and check again.

If it's off, check the spacer first. Maybe check the spindle mounting. Maybe the right blade is bent on one side.

7. Partsangel

Partsangel LawnSite Member

How about taking your mower to a flat place like a piece of contrete/driveway etc and take out a tape measure and actualy measure the distance between the ground and all your blade tips. if your blade engage lever is a munual one (with your engine off) try your measuring with the blades engaged and disengaged. sometimes the pressure from a tight belt can pull on your bearing housing and cause it to tilt.

Mike AKA Partsangel

8. oldrustycars

oldrustycars LawnSite Senior Member

just a tip..i use a deep socket to level mowers. find one that just touches the blade, and go from there. beats trying to read a tape measure under the deck...at least with this old guy's eyes....:laugh:

9. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

You must be missing a washer or shim somewhere. Compare the right blade/washer combo to all the others and see if it is the same.

Next step is to make sure the deck is level.

10. yardfarmer

thanks alot, ill take a look see