Not happy with bad boy outlaw mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by ronwom89, Sep 13, 2013.

1. TheOctagon

TheOctagon LawnSite Senior Member

How many hours are on the machine? I would say give it time to break in both the hydros and the engine. I have sold several 30hp briggs on the 61" and never had one complaint.

Half speed on that mower is roughly 5-6 mph where your old zt was probably 6mph tops.

2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I know the engine is a B&S, but the HP will be very close to the Kohler. B&S is still misleading people with their bogus rating system.

3. ronwom89

ronwom89 LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device

4. ronwom89

ronwom89 LawnSite Member

It has 10.5 hours on it now. I changed the break in oil at 4.5 hours
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

New engines are tight and need time to break in and seat the rings properly for compression. I would think 30hp on a 54 should be plenty though. We run a Kohler 29efi/52 Turf Tiger and it has no problem on thick lawns. The only time you notice the engine bogging is in 3ft tall fields. In conditions like that our Kaw 26/52 Vride actually has more cutting power.

6. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

I agree with your opinion. Sounds like your machine is way under powered. The only Briggs product I would buy is a vanguard which really isnt made by briggs.

Also sounds like typical BB customer service...
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. ronwom89

ronwom89 LawnSite Member

Yeah they were just acting like they couldn't do anything for me unless they found a mechanical issue. To me if a customer is un happy this soon with the purchase they would be willing to make it right.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. GMLC

Id like to see them at least be a little more sympathetic. These machines arent cheap. Maybe get you into a machine with a better engine at cost.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

Hey man, the cyclonic briggs is a great motor option. Its one of my best sellers on grasshopper and badboy, and also the replacement motor I put on alot of machines when the motors go out. I agree with the rep there has to be an issue somewhere. On the hp ratings kohler and briggs are going to true rating for 2014. Hopefully the rep will figure it out. As far as bad boy customer service, I have seen them go waay out of the box for customers. A rep from the factory is actually gonna go out at a home and look at their machine from a factory level. I have never heard of anyone from the dodge factory when my truck didnt drive right and thedealer couldnt figure out what was wrong with it. No other company would replace damaged decks, frame broke in half when backed over with a truck, or a mower repaired when flipping down the highway. This bad bb customer service propaganda that is spit out on here is ridiculous... if this kinda service is unpleasing to you gmlc, looks like no one will ever be able to satisfy ur cravings....
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. GMLC

BB has always gone the extra mile for you no doubt. But the costomer service stories here on LS are horrendous. I know you have helped a bunch of them out here which is amazing but you shouldnt have too...

As for Briggs I have heard they are working hard to improve but have a long way to go to be proven against other options.
    Posted via Mobile Device