Not happy with bad boy outlaw mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by ronwom89, Sep 13, 2013.

1. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

Only made 4 passes in that pic before pulling off the lawn to check pitch and tire pressure. Finished with other Hustler later.
    Bumpy lawn, but never looked that bad with exmark or hustler, also tried to post the rest of the pics but they wont let me. So now your going to attack the operator. I spent 2 weeks on the phone with gravely I know how to set up a mower, I changed pitch, tire pressure, grass was built up under the deck too, but I could not improve the cut or the fact that if you pointed it downhill it had no reverse traction. That was only cutting 1 inch to 2 inches tops. So by your own admission "I the customer should of set up the mower better" Right Ive never posted any pics that looked that bad I purposely did that. At the time I wanted a Gravely and was trying to make it work. So get off your high horse I know what Im doing. The other pics are in an older thread you find it if you want to.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  2. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Sorry I was just being honest. I call em like I see em. The cut quality actually wasnt to bad but not what I would accept either. Looked clean, no clumps or clippings, no visible straglers. Just bad lines, overlap, and anti-scalp wheel marks and the strange tracks through the middle of the yard. I mow rough properties too and know it can be hard to hold a line sometimes. The Hustler cut looked much better but had some slight overlap.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I love stories like that. If I had a chance to do business with you, I most definitely would, simply because you do stuff for people like that lady, and that is how I was raised to be. I love knowing that there are others who do the same thing. I will go out of my way to support those types of people whenever and wherever I can. If you ever move closer to Mich let me know.:)

4. MJB

from Wa

That was only cutting 1 inch in that pic the other problem is it did not leave a decent stripe at all. I found more pics maybe they are ok to some but even my customers asked why it didn't look as good as normal. I will try to post more pics but most have already been posted 5 yrs ago and will not let me repost.

These pics were cutting about 2 inches normally we cut 3 to 5 inches of damp or dripping wet grass, but these pics were under perfect dry conditions. I knew it would only get worse when wet and longer. Add terrible traction issues not good. I recently posted pics on this same hill only in a steeper part mowing at a angle with my new exmark in my link below. There is a huge difference if you compare these pics to my new exmark pics in the link at the bottom in my sig. Last 2 pics were double cut too hide clippings.

hustler vs  Gravely 002.jpg

hustler vs  Gravely 005.jpg

hustler vs  Gravely 006.jpg

hustler vs  Gravely 028.jpg

hustler vs  Gravely 019.jpg

5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The dealer has been selling Bad Boy Mowers for a year now.

6. GMLC

Today was the first time on the BB site in well over a year, maybe 2. End of 2011, begining of 2012 is when I did all my demos for new machines. I wish you luck expanding in the north east. Get me a demo and I will post an honest review on LS with tons of pics. PM me if your interested.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  7. GMLC

I agree, not acceptable. I would not be happy either. I do not experience any of those cut quality problems and I take off 3-6 inches per week. One of the pics I posted was in the rain. We cant mulch here with any mower. I know you do great work and I follow most of your threads.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

im glad your all helping the OP...................... gezz. Has anyone looked at the deck pitch? If its off its going to be a power hog

9. MJB

from Wa

I wish side discharging was the answer for me too. It would save a lot of time, but I only have a couple of jobs I can side discharge and my Outlaw does a great job on those. I know Gravely has an exceptional cut while side discharging , just not a need for me right now.

10. MJB

from Wa

Thanks for the reminder and sorry to the OP. I never thought about the deck pitch sucking hp. I would of thought he would be complaining about the cut quality if that was the case.