Not happy with bad boy outlaw mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by ronwom89, Sep 13, 2013.

1. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

it sounds like he is a home owner, so he might not care. A back pitch will not leave a bad cut, it will just rob all his hp on the gas motor, especially a thick lawn.

2. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

Demo any Outlaw without the spoiler you might be surprised. The spoiler just keeps it from getting air born . haha Not everyone likes them for sure. I went from a Super Z spoiler to the Outlaw with spoiler. I only care about the finished cut and how fast can I get it done.

3. MJB

from Wa

Good point! It sure would not be the first time a mower left the dealer with the pitch screwed up.

4. MJB

from Wa

Here are a couple things to check. Have you checked your cutting height could it be your cutting shorter than you did with the ZT? The ZT had the electric deck lift cutting height will not be the same, I would raise the deck a 1/4 inch next mow. Also as you may of heard JC Clawn talking about pitch. Have you checked your pitch at all?

5. ronwom89

ronwom89 LawnSite Member

I checked the pitch it's a 1/4 lower in the front. I have been mowing a little higher even than I was with the zt bc haven't had rain in a while so usually cut it a little higher
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. JCLawn and more

from MI

have you demoed another outlaw to see if something is wrong?

7. MJB

from Wa

What would happen if you slowed down to the same speed the ZT mowed at, would you pick up some rpms, you should? I would aslo check the engine manual for engine max rpm blades off, and recheck and set at max. How many hrs are on the mower so far? Is it broke in yet past 5 hr oil and filter change?

8. JCLawn and more

from MI

read the first 3 pages :clapping::clapping::clapping:

he is about 15 hrs, its running 400 rpms lower than max

9. ronwom89

ronwom89 LawnSite Member

And it has the fusion high lifts on it and I was running gator mulch on the zt which would drag the motor a little more than the lifts but would keep a steady rpm
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. JCLawn and more

from MI

Id seriously demo another mower and if you see a major difference drop your off and say fix it