Not happy with bad boy outlaw mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by ronwom89, Sep 13, 2013.

1. ronwom89

ronwom89 LawnSite Member

Ok got it to upload
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

You arent kidding!! That machine is really laboring. Its also affecting the discharge as you can see with all the clumps. What height are you cutting at? How tall is that grass?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. ronwom89

ronwom89 LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device

4. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

5. ronwom89

ronwom89 LawnSite Member

I have the deck set on 2.75 inches I would say grass was 4inches i mowed it one week before on the same setting with same results mowed over it twice to cut up the clippings better but yeah instead of spreading clippings up it just kinda piles them in a row
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

now you don't have stock blades right?

7. ronwom89

ronwom89 LawnSite Member

Yeah you can really tell how mine when it gets out of the grass is a lot faster blade speed than the other one you posted. Not sure what would cause that
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

I would raise the deck 1 inch and mow it wide open then lower it another 1 inch and crisscross it see if that helps. I have a lawn like that and it is a pain to many clippings left lying on top. In grass that thick with a healthy engine I would still cut it in stages to hide the clippings better. As far as the engine goes its definately laboring, are you using good clean gas?

9. ronwom89

ronwom89 LawnSite Member

Yes they are factory blades the tested balanced and were actually sharp for factory blades
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. ronwom89

ronwom89 LawnSite Member

Yeah with the zt I ran mulching blades and mowed it about twice as high and it would just eat right through it.
    Posted via Mobile Device