not happy with lesco.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frontier-Lawn, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

well i get to my local lesco @ 4:45 and there closed. i though they closed at 5pm. now i have to go out of my way for fert tomorrow for a job in the other direction.

2. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Bet you won't do it again! Our local Lesco hours are M-F 7:30-4:30 and Saturday from 7:30- 11:30.

3. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

May have been a family thing with the guy working there. We're all human you know. I know it's frustrating when things don't work like they should but, don't let it bother you. That's just another 48.5 cents per mile for your taxes.
    OOPS!!!
    ECM posted the hours before I could hit the enter button.

4. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I thought it dropped back to .445 for 2006?

wayne

5. REALSLOW

REALSLOW LawnSite Senior Member
    from FLORIDA

When you go there make sure you get the Z2.

6. Tharrell

It may be 44.5 but I thought it was going to be 48.5
    We'll see soon!!!

7. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

I went to Lesco today to pick up some seed and they were out.

How in the hell do you run out of the most popular seed durring this time of year?

8. DynaMow

DynaMow LawnSite Senior Member

The guy at my Lesco told me one time (he is a jerk) that it pisses him off when someone comes in just before 5 and he has to go home late, so he locks the door at 4:45. I think it is wrong.

9. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Our Lesco has run out of seed 2 years in a row. Last year they were out for several weeks during seeding season. This year, so far one week already.

10. Tharrell

How can they run out of the most popular seed? That is simple, it's the most popular seed.
    They don't manufacture it, it's grown and harvested. Sometimes there are bad years and supply is short too.
    Besides it's like any commodity, they don't want to flood the market and lower the price.
    Transition blend is the same price it was 4 years ago. I think that's great.