Not happy

Discussion in 'Tanaka' started by MysticLandscape, Mar 21, 2008.

1. MysticLandscape

MysticLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

So the inside of the throttle on my TBL 7800-R broke in November. I STILL DONT HAVE A NEW ONE. I am getting jerked around by my dealer who is blaming the distributor an so on an so forth. This is my first break down with the equipment and if this is whats going to happen everytime then I am getting ride of all my tanaka equipment and gunna have to go redmax. I am loosing money everyday because my blower is down and there is no excuse for me not getting my part in 5 MONTHS!!! :realmad:

2. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

Not alot of guys run Tanaka. Not saying it's bad, but if you have a problem, there isn't a huge dealer base is some areas.

If you are considering Redmax, look at the Husqvarna 170 and 180.. With their purchase of Redmax, it's a Redmax with better frame, harness and is cheaper.

3. MysticLandscape

MysticLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a dealer he just cant get the parts, its not a big ticket item its a throttle doesn't make any sense to me if your gunna try an build a good rep you should atleast be able to get a me a piece of platstic within 6 months.

4. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Funny you should say that ;)

Dunno whats going on there. I usually never have trouble getting parts. Although in our state we deal directly with Tanaka. No distributor in the middle.

I did have a long wait for a part last year because some huge shipment got held up in customs...but other than that I really cant remember any backorders and our customers like to break oddball parts. I actually just got like $400 in parts for Tanaka drills that a customer is using to rebuild 2-3 of his older units. Crazy housings and such that I figured would be backordered forever.

5. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Hi,
    Please contact our wholsesale distributor, Gardner East. Here is their contact info:

GARDNER EAST
    106 Melrich Rd., Cranbury, NJ 08512 | Phone: (800) 521-6535 | Fax: (800) 626-4735 | Parts Orders / Tech Support: (800) 854-9273
    Territory: MA, NH, CT, VT, ME, RI, Long Island, NY

-MW