Not just a sprinkler monkey

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by DanaMac, Apr 9, 2008.

1. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

About 2 hours or so from me. Pretty bad fire. Last i read, at least 90+ structures were gone, and 9 of them were homes of firefighters.
  2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Hey the last time he talked about it the thread got deleted. Don't get my Monkey thread deleted. :)
  3. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

Changing the subject once again............ how's that wall holding up? Has it shifted/ bulged over the years?
  4. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I think my place has that crap black cardboard crap too. A lot of builders were using it for a while. Not sure if they still are. I'm not replacing it though.

Many things on this house just make me cringe. The guy we bought it from is a home builder, but it was his first home. And he was apparently leaning along the way. Everything seems to be structurally sound, but there are things that get easily covered up by drywall, carpet, trim boards, paint, etc.
  5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

No the wall is great, haven't had any movement, or dirt coming through the cracks. Held up pretty nice I must say. For a sprinkler monkey. :)
  6. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

Well, finally getting rain here in C. Texas so I'm off to the dreaded clean out the desk, straighten the office day.
    Once I get my camera back from an in-law (yes I have a few, and NO my family tree isn't a single branch) I'll post a few pics about the renovation to my 1979 R100RT BMW bike.
    Turned 189K miles on the old gal and she started running a bit hot - traced the problem to a shot timing chain royally screwing up the advance timing at hwy speeds which caused the over heat pinging I kept hearing.
    So, I installed the new chain, have to reinstall the points/condenser, button up the headers and fire the 'ol girl back to life. Took the time to up-grade the brake lines to braided stainless steel, remount the diode board, new battery, clean the carbs and check the pistons for damage of which thankfully there was none.
  7. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I love the slow time before blowouts where I get things done around the house, and the office. Although the paperwork and receipts are stacking up in the office. Oh well.
  8. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

What kind of wood is this, that is used for outdoor decking? I only see pressure-treated southern yellow pine in the home centers around here.

9. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Redwood. But it sure didn't hold up. It's also in an area that snow sits on, and I sometimes don't shovel it. The deck will get sealed once I'm done.
  10. ARGOS

ARGOS LawnSite Silver Member

I figure you get 15-20 for redwood.

Boots got 15-20 for pony tails.