Not Loving My Exmark 60" Lazer

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bigw, Apr 21, 2008.

1. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

Well as of right now i am not loving my lazer ztr, i just realized today one of my little deck wheels fell off on the front left side and now the bracket wants to tear into the turf all the time and im asumming that may be what caused my cut to look bad in my other post but im not sure if that would do it or not?

Also it seems like the turning ability is not what it was,almost like their is a hydraulic pump problem. I cant explainn it but it just dont feel right especialy turning to the left in just your normal turning situations not a zero turn. It almost feels like the pump is giving out...i dont know maybe im nuts but it feels different to me.
    I also think this lazer sucks on hills or even the slightest slopes it wants to slide down,it dont hug slopes worth a dam! I guess you can tell i didnt have a great I did do $450.00 worth of lawns today so that was good and also landed 2 more lawns which takes me to 42 weekly lawns so praise the lord with that!!!!
  2. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

Exmark had some pump issues so just take it back to the dealer and have them check it out. My z went in 24 hour mark. It takes time to get used to the z. The 60 triton is pretty heavy and slopes exspecially damp slopes are not recomended.

If you have any questions pm I can help I am very expierenced with poopmark I mean exmark.
  3. DK lawn care

DK lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

My exmark is TERRIBLE on hills lol. But i havent had any wheel motor problems. BTW did u buy urs used or new?? Also, congrats on the 42 weekly mows!!!
  4. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Did the rain miss you up there in pa today? Its been pouring in buckets here yesterday and today and they are saying light rain or drizzle tomorrow morning.

BTW yes the exmark anti scalp wheel setup is very stupid. I have no clue what those idiots were thinking with that design.
  5. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Well, that says it all right there !!
  6. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

bigW -- Why don't you return the Exmark and go get a Dixon machine ?? You won't be disappointed !!
  7. Ed Ryder

Ed Ryder LawnSite Senior Member

Hmm.... the screw on the pump might be loose. This is the thing you turn a little bit to release the pressure so you can roll the machine when it is turned off.

It's dangerous using a rider on hills. I've learned my lesson. I use my walk-behind on risky hills.

In my experience, riders are no good on hills at all. Be careful with that thing, man! It can maim or kill you. And this happens with riders - including in our own area.
  8. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

I'm starting to reconsider my choice's on a Z turn. Exmark is a nice mower but....

I'm considering the Enforcer. It's low to the ground and with a 54" deck the trim side (left side) is much better for getting around small trees and flower beds. It's a small compact package that is beefy. It also comes with a striping kit. I want to bag in the spring and use it to help with fall leaf clean-up. Cub offers a power assist bagger attachment so it should work without clogging problems.
  9. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Sorry to hear about your problems with your Exmark big dub. Take it back and have them fix it. They do have a good service program. Parts the next day or they are "free"!!! thats not to bad.... so fixing it shouldn't have you down long at all. The dealer might give you a loaner until yours is fixed. Call them tomorrow and see what they can do.
  10. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

new 2 months ago it has 22 hrs on it.