Not making money?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by olderthandirt, Sep 24, 2004.

1. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

I noticed that there are a bunch of guys that post when they could be working. So I was wondering how can this be, rain? but not all over the country at the same day. Guys working while the boss sits and plays with the keyboard? Nope to many guys are solo and posting in the middle of the day. Just stopped in for lunch and wanted to post something? Why not eat and finish sooner and then post at the end of the day? So lets give an explanation!
    Me I'm lazy and don't want to work everyday, anymore,:cool: Whats your excuse????

Mac

2. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

I'm p/t landscape. I'm in the office/shop today.

Cutting crew is out there today, though :)

3. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

i got home from the local nursery about 11:30, picking up plants for tomorrow's planting job. off the plants today, with virtually no labor, i pocketed over $400 dollars profit. :)

4. Flat Top Lawn

Flat Top Lawn LawnSite Member

on vacation today from full time job. I mow in the evenings.

5. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Because I am the boss! Guys are out working. I can come and go as I please.

6. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

I post during the day if I run home for something, go into the shop or if it is raining and I am sitting in the office while I should be catching up on paper work I am playing on Lawnsite. You are quite right that I should be doing something more profitable to my company but a person has to have some down time.

Gravely_Man

7. Branchland

Branchland LawnSite Senior Member

I'm a full time firefighter, work 24 off 48. So at the station is about the only time I haver to spend on Lawnsite. Days off I'm mowing and such and when the evening comes I enjoy spending it with the wife and kid.

8. simsy71

simsy71 LawnSite Member

I am PT. So I am in the office today.

9. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

I am making money while posting.

10. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

My back is out. I have two employees doing 100% of the labor while I sit at home.

This is the way owning your own business is supposed to be. I focus on sales, advertising, marketing, billing, vendor relations and customer relations and my employees focus on operations.

Later,
    DFW Area Landscaper