not mowed???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by steve in Pa., Jul 14, 2005.

1. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. LawnSite Senior Member

I already have my answer for this question just figured i would see what you guys have to say. Have a customer who has a large property complaining about her bill saying that her housekeeper said that our crew didn't mow the property a certain date. Mowing crew marks off each place during route and you guessed it its marked done. So whats your strategy for resolving this isue?????? No charge or charge???
  2. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

How long ago was the disputed date? How long was the housekeeper there? Is there a chance that she was gone by the time your crew came? I would have a chat with the crew and explain what is going on to see if they fess up. I would also talk to the client and find out when & how long the housekeeper was there. I would think the homeowner would notice if the property was mowed or not though.
  3. Lake Claire Lawn Ranger

Lake Claire Lawn Ranger LawnSite Member

Meanwhile the neighbors are wondering who did such a nice job on their yard while they were at work that day :D
  4. parttimer

parttimer LawnSite Member

Had the same thing happen the other day. The ower of and appt complex called and said the people at 1234 said you havent cut the grass i had just left the lady next door watch us cut ,when we went by to drop off a guy that works with us the people next door had just push mowed at about 2'' and yes it looked like i had never been there. :blob3:
  5. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

I have two lawns that I cut next door to each other, one at 2" and one at 3". A driveway sepperates the 2, and from the sidewalk looking at either one you cannot tell the difference in height, only if you look straight down into it you can see the dirt is a little closer on the 2" lawn (and it has more of a weed problem, and is a thinner lawn, but thats because of the cut height).

I cannot see why your cut would look any different regardless of what the neightbors cut at. If it is even, trimmed, and edged, the height should be of little significance.

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Tell that customer that you definitely mowed on that date, and, that you didn't recall seeing the housekeeper either...
  7. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

HOOLIE.....That's devious and nasty...........I like that approach!

8. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hoolie........that's COOLIE!!!
  9. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

:eek: :laugh: :confused:
  10. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

lol i have mowed the wrong property