Not much talk about aerators, can anyone recommend a good one?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by WHIPPLE5.7, Dec 28, 2011.

1. WHIPPLE5.7

WHIPPLE5.7 LawnSite Senior Member

I've been out of this game for a little over a year now. Mostly did dethatching but I did have an old drum aerator I used once in awhile but it ended up with too many problems to use. I'm thinking of firing things back up this spring as my job is a total joke with seriously low pay and no benifits. I wouldn't mind getting an aerator but I don't want to kill myself using one. I'd like one thats somewhat fast and easy to use. I can't seem to find the website on Lawn solutions but that duel hydro seems like a great concept. I'm also not looking to spend many many thousands of dollars either so that one might not work.:confused:

2. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Depends on the property size. I have a classen TA19 and a billygoat towbehind that does an awesome job. It works great for me with my size property and current available help

3. ReddensLawnCare

Also, if you are not doing many or can get them lined up, then renting one is a great option as well.

4. THIESSENS TLC

THIESSENS TLC LawnSite Senior Member

See if u can find an old Bannerman. The ones with the loop handles.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. WHIPPLE5.7

WHIPPLE5.7 LawnSite Senior Member

So the newer ones are no good? Did lawn solutions go out of business or something? I haven't found any reviews or info on their dual hydro that supposedly came out in May.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I run the Turfco XT5 and though not effortless to use, is a fair bit easier than a standard Ryan type to run. $3,500 will get you one.

7. NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

8. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I bought a Turfco turnare6 last fall, what a machine! The turning ability is do nice to have. Its still a lot of work, but I'm covering more ground per hour, probably double over the old ryan. The XT-5 I'd love to try, but I bet if I did I'd wish I had bought one of those instead...
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. aeration

aeration LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I own the Lawn Solutions Ride On aerator, dual hydro, and single hydro. The ride on and dual hydro can both fit on my 5x10 trailer. I have a side load gate that allows access to the dual hydro without removing the ride on (if I don't need the ride on; gated back yard less than 48" wide)

I am very pleased with my LS equipment. If I didn't own LS equipment, I would consider getting out of the aeration business.
    www.plugitlawn.com

10. ReddensLawnCare

Lawn solutions sold out to Toro. Toro will now sell a red version of the near identical unit