1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

not over loaded is it?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by BrandonV, Aug 31, 2010.

1. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

saw this at a stone supplier 2 weeks ago... 1600lbs in that booger. the quarry made them load it by hand (liability and the fact a pallet wouldn't fit) as i walked by I told to of the crew (3 in there) to make sure one of them rides on the front to help even the load out.

weight1.jpg

2. DQL10

DQL10 LawnSite Senior Member

Dayum that is a load. Had about that much in my F150 and it didnt like it too much. I can only imagine how that Tacoma handled. Can we say "Dude I ain't got no steerin!"

3. Shasta Lake Landscaping

Shasta Lake Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I think they could have gone with 2,000

4. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

It doesn't look that bad atleast the front tires are still on the ground :laugh:

Some 1/4 ton pickups you see the back bumper is making sparks on the pavement the front tires are barely touching :dizzy:

5. LoweJ82

LoweJ82 LawnSite Senior Member

nothing like the S10 or ranger hauling a 400gal water tank for there well, frame almost draging the ground

6. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

thats daily 'round here.

7. BurtonsAllSeason

BurtonsAllSeason LawnSite Member

Nice! I've seen that around here a couple of times...

8. poolboy

poolboy LawnSite Silver Member
    from earth

That looks to be a Frontier to me. We have a couple for our maint trucks and I'd hate to haul half that weight.

9. Wallace Tractor

Wallace Tractor LawnSite Member

Just take a trip to Homo Depot or Lowes on the weekend....You"ll think this guy had a 1/2 of load.:dizzy: