Not remembering my log-in info

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by ElephantNest, Sep 5, 2004.

1. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Is it just me? Every time I visit it makes me re-enter my user-ID information.

2. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

Same thing here, figured maybe they don't have that part upgraded yet.

3. LSAdmin

LSAdmin Web Developer Staff Member

Have you checked the "Remember me?" box when logging in? Do you have cookies enabled in your browser, and what browser are you using? I couldn't reproduce that problem yet, but will look into fixing it if necessary.

4. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep to both the questions, using microsoft explorer, latest version I believe, everything is set up on my end exactly like it was before the upgrade. If I go to another web site and come back it remembers, but if I close the browser and open it back up, it doesn't remember.

5. LSAdmin

Do you use a program that automatically clears out your cookies when you close your browser? Did you install Windows XP SP2 recently? Thanks!

6. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Same here, got the same settings, other places remember me, I'm running 2KPro, no programs, I handle cookies myself.

7. Dwan

Dwan LawnSite Member

plowsite remembers me but lawnsite does not

8. LSAdmin

This is weird, because there is no difference in the forum software and modifications used for the two sites. Can you please give it a few days so that everything gets back to normal on LawnSite and let me know on Tuesday if you still have that problem? Thanks!

9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I had to do it for the first time, but since then haven't had to. The old program, never had to do it

10. Dwan

Dwan LawnSite Member

I just resaved the new site after logn on to my fav. then deleated the old one and now it works.