1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

not sure how this works

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by heatherfether, Mar 12, 2014.

1. heatherfether

heatherfether LawnSite Member

my name is heather I just started a new job at a lawnmower store im just looking for any tips anyone might have for me! we work with gravely and exmark commercial and homeowner mowers we also have an abundance of stihl power saws blower etc!

Thank You

2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Congrats on the job. You might want to start studying up the specs of all your selling. Guys on here like to ask lots of specific questions when looking at a new purchase.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

A. W. Landscapers Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas.

4. jeeperscrow

jeeperscrow LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome to the site Heather!

5. olajoe808

olajoe808 LawnSite Member
    from Zone 5b

Hi Heather :waving:

Welcome aboard. Remember to always smile :) it's contagious.

6. JDGlandscape

JDGlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

i would also agree with patriot, i have found many landscapers will be much more willing to make a purchase from a salesperson/dealer who is very informed about the products they are selling. also be very honest about what you are telling them
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. jeeperscrow

jeeperscrow LawnSite Senior Member

Agree with this. I have been mower shopping over the past couple of weeks, and it has been amazing to me how little about half of the employees I've dealt with have actually known about the mowers I've had questions about. I usually know more than them after a few internet searches. I don't like dealing with the ones who don't have a clue.

8. Grant11

Grant11 LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome from KY!

9. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Welcome, just tell the folks the mower can be financed for 0% interest, that's what excites people into buying.

10. Grant11

Grant11 LawnSite Senior Member

My tip to be successful is make sure you have quick repair times. You will build a strong customer base quickly.