1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Not sure I like it.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jeff777, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Jeff777

Jeff777 LawnSite Member

My Ransomes Bobcat started on fire with me on it a week ago. Loved that machine, nothing left.

Had no choice to buy in a real hurry. Bought a 26hp Kubota diesel. About 6 hours on it so far. Not sure I like this. I could just about make the Bobcat do tricks, nimble as can be. The Kubota is a Monster.

Thinking about trading on a 28hp Badboy diesel before hours rack up. Supposedly same length but Badboy configuration appears lower to ground which Bobcat was and kept me more in touch with work. I do several Cemeteries and though the Kubota is nice in the open areas working tight isn't it's strong suite.

1st diesel I've owned, can't believe fuel efficiency of this thing .... it sips! Won't go back to gas.

Anybody owned both the Kubota and Badboy diesel that can make a comparison? Sadly the only diesel within the Textron family is the 21 Yanmar which is garbage for a commercial mower. I know the Cat is not as quiet as the Kubota but if it handles better I can live with the noise.

Thanks - Jeff777