1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Not sure if I can mow with zero turn

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by besmirl, Jul 22, 2014.

1. besmirl

besmirl LawnSite Member

Have this customers just got and I have a ferris is700z and I'm scared to mow the lawn as he does have a steep slope what ur guys opinions
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. ch4x0r

ch4x0r LawnSite Senior Member

I have a few very steep yards and if I do it on my rider I will baxk down the hill and go up if I can't go side to side. But I stay away from steep stuff as much as I can on the z turn.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. besmirl

besmirl LawnSite Member

What if I go up and down
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. ch4x0r

Depending how steep it is. Something steep you don't want to go down foward other wise it will be a slip and slide ride to the bottom and no in my experience once it breaks loose going down hill your just along for the ride. I'm sure some.do better on hills than others but my 52 inch toro is not very good at all on hills
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. tundraman

tundraman LawnSite Senior Member

I cut some steep stuff and my mower will slide going side to side on some hills so I go up and down. Keep your ROPS up and seat belt on. Keep your oil level up. My 60 inch Toro holds hills well and 34 efi has plenty of power. Hopefully your Ferris will do well.

6. besmirl

besmirl LawnSite Member

im scared if I go up that im going go on a steep spot and flip back ever happened to you guys

7. ch4x0r

Never happened to me of its that steep I'll push mow it or weed eat it lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. besmirl

besmirl LawnSite Member

but the problem is i don't know until i get on the hill ahah

9. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

If I don't feel comfortable on a hill with the Z or don't want to rut it over time, I just run the walk behind on it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. ch4x0r

How steep of a hill is it do you think?
    Posted via Mobile Device